Friday, September 5, 2008

A Fashion faux pas


BRO I ( hollering from downstairs ):::
Now hurry up! You Piece of Shit!
I am not gonna wait for you all day
BRO II :::
Yea you'll be the Beast at the Ball anyways!
No amount of eye-ink or whatever those are will ever change that!
BRO I :::
Yea your face's an accident of nature as you well know!
"A Congenital Anomaly" if that's what you might wanna know!
HAHAHA!!!!
I continue tossing tops onto my bed without missing a beat.
You get used to doing stuff like that if you had brothers around practically all your life.
No big deal.
MOM :::
Leave your sister alone.
She will be down soon.
It's not like she's the one who spend hours at a time each in the bathroom everyday!
BRO II :::
Really Swell!
She's not the one who hafta shave!
BRO I :::
Or atleast she has some silly creamy thing to do her dirty work for her or something
BRO II :::
Oh yea!
What is that sad sad thing anyways?
Girls are so very pathetic!
MOM :::
OK! I have had enough!
You won't talk in this manner when a lady's in the room
BRO I :::
Oh! But we Don't!
He had a bump on his head to show for that quip for a good many days afterwards
We were headed out to watch some movie with some common friends.
Now, let me just clarify here that I don't have that much trouble with my wardrobe as the next girl may.
No, I swear.
Really.
'Coz I mean I wear jeans to work
I wear jeans to shop
I wear jeans to the movies
I even sometimes wear jeans to sleep
[ It can get really cold sometimes in winter!!! ]
The only thing that gives me grief is to choose from a variety of tops.
My friends will tell you I have a Top-fetish
But lemme just clarify here
They have been known to be lying on occasions
Anyways I can't wear my favourite white one
I wear that practically everyday
I can't wear the other white one either
I am saving that one up for a really really special occasion
I am not wearing any yellow
'Coz am not feeling very yellow-y today
Hmmmmm...what about green?
Nah! It's just too shiny outside for green today
The pink one's all too feminine
Maybe orange then.
But it's too long for the movies
Maybe I'll wear it to the OPDs someday
What about blue?
But I am wearing blue jeans! I don't wanna be the "Lady in Blue"
The Purple's still in the washing machine
Since yesterday that is....shoot!
BRO II
Are you done yet?
Or are you now waiting for the intermission to be over?
Oh Crap!
This is hard.
And I am late
I grab around frantically
Until I spot the black one
I try it on
PERFECT
It even says ::: Enjoy Life
There's plenty of time to be dead
Like I said Perfect!
Perfect for the movies
I turn around this way and that before the mirror
[ for only 5 mins mind you]
Then I comb my hair
I pile it up high first
Then I let it hang down
Next I curl it a bit more
No no not the effect I am looking for here!!!
Maybe some hair spray will set it just right.
Oh what woe!
This is never gonna work!
Why wasn't I born a mongolian with all those straight straight black hair?
BRO I :::
What the hell?!!!
Who gives a rat's ass what coloured top you wear with your silly blue jeans?
BRO II :::
Yea I mean as long as it's always BLUE
You are not exactly the fashion-adventuress, the trend-setting diva or something
I mean you can't even see beyond blue denims for crying out loud!!!
It's so like a uniform it's not even funny!
BRO I :::
Yea Whatever!
Get your ass down here this minute else we are simply leaving without you.
I grab my purse and race down the stairs putting on my high-heels at the same time
ME :::
Am here! Tada!
BRO I :::
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Mom! Will you just tell her!!!
BLACK doesn't even go with B-L-UUUUUUUUUUUUU-E
How many times do I hafta tell Y-O-UUUUUUUUUUUUU?
BRO II :::
Man!
U can totally rhyme!!!
BRO I :::
Hell yea!
One of these days I am gonna start rapping too!
Yo!
Christ!
Why did you make brothers?
Or Haute Couture for that matter?!!!