Saturday, August 15, 2009

Past, Present and Future TENSE!!!

I was making iced tea in the microwave for Sr. Gregory who had come to visit me on her first decade inspection of passed out students to see how I was faring in life after clearing school. She was asking me to spell TREMENDOUS and to use it in a sentence such that it meant the same whether you read the sentence forwards or backwards and to do the Sarvangasana while I was at it. I kept trying to put my legs up in the air while I tried to rationalise why there were so many men and just not a man in TREMENDOUS but I kept fumbling at both cause my newly acquired fringes kept falling over my eyes and the iced tea kept evaporating and needed condensing so that the condensate could be served to my honourable guest with just the right sized pinch of garlic salt. She was getting increasingly irritated at my clumsy flumbling manner and kept scowling while she quizzed me on how to eat soup and how to differentiate between the soup spoon and the dessert spoon . I was crying by this time cause for the life of me I couldn't remember whether the tines of the fork faced downwards or upwards while a "well brought up young lady" closed her meal at a formal dinner and the ghost of a dead lizard was laughing at me while it flew across the room in perfect Brownian motion much to the delight of my basketball coach from senior school who was running after it busily taking notes and Sr. Gregory was yelling at me as to how I was going to flunk Orthopedics cause I was a silly dolt who didnt know how many men there were in TREMENDOUS.

I jerked up bolt upright sending my alarm clock flying across the room. It was 3.47am, the lights were on and the tv playing on mute and I was running a temperature. There are times in life when you know you are ****ed and only a miracle can save you and well, when Sr. Gregory is who you are dreaming of I think its that time!!! :'(